Monday, June 1, 2015

The Historical Sew Monthly 2015 #5: Divided riding skirt/ Cross-saddle riding skirt with apron front

Here is my challenge for May.

What the item is (and what practical things you can do in it): Divided riding skirt/ Cross-saddle riding skirt with apron front

 
Lovely Irina in her skirt


Front, with unbuttoned apron
 
Front, with apron buttoned to the right side

Back
 

The Challenge: Practicality

Fabric: wool
 
Pattern: I made it using guidance from The “Standard” Work on Cutting Ladies' Tailor-Made Garments by S. S. Gordon (1908)
http://archive.org/stream/standardworkoncu00gord#page/184/mode/2up

Year: 1890 -1900s

Notions: trimming, cotton thread, plastic buttons.

How historically accurate is it? The pattern is correct, but I'm not sure about the decoration (this item wasn't for me, so it's not my choice).

Hours to complete: 15

First worn: On the1st of May for rodeo

Total cost: I don't know exactly, because it wasn't me who bought all the materials, but I assume about 40 USD.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment